In order for a product to be exported to Europe, the product needs a Declaration of Conformity (DoC). The EC DoC should contain all relevant information to identify the following:
- The name and address of the manufacturer or authorized representative that is issuing the DoC.
- The product name, type or model number, and any relevant supplementary information.
- All relevant provisions with which the product complies.
- The reference standards or other normative documents.
- All supplementary information, as needed.
- Date of issue of the declaration.
- Signature and title (or an equivalent marking) of an authorized person.
- The statement that the declaration is issued under the sole responsibility of the manufacturer and, if applicable, the authorized representative.